Discuss Review : RUBI TX700 in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

I have had the pleasure of Using the Newer Model of the Rubi TX700..
Firstly i have to say that this newer model is very well made and the build quality is far far superior to the older TX700 and 700n models.
The sprung loaded bed is a great addition over the older foam loaded bed and the new thicker and stronger flip out tile supports are much better.
It is just totally a much better build altogether ..
Rubi review001.jpg
Rubi review002.jpg
Ok onto how it performs..
The first tiles were 450x450 glazed vitrified floor tiles.
Straight half cut
Rubi review004.jpg
40mm slither spilt in half
Rubi review007.jpg
Curved cut ready for final scribe to shower tray
Rubi review006.jpg
450 x450 glazed vitrified floor tiles
Rubi review003.jpg
Marked curved cut
Rubi review005.jpg
As you can see i did a couple straight cuts / a curved cut and then cut a 40mm slither in half no probs
The cutter is really smooth to use with it self lubricating rails and the breaker action is very easy to use and no whacking like other cutters on the market.
The next job was the dreaded very hard Vilroy boch grade 5 porcelnato floor tiles.. i used this for walls and floors to 4 bathrooms.
These tiles have a textured surface and a heavy grid back to them, so some cutters do struggle to get a clean cut and the biscuit is very hard... again no probs for the TX700 and used the 10mm wheel on these..
450x450 Vilroy boch tiles
IMG_0033.jpg
60mm slither spilt in half no probs.
IMG_0035.jpg

These tiles were very hard lol.. as a lot of the vilroy stuff is..

I have not had a chance to try it out on other materials yet, so as and when i use the cutter on different tiles i will add to this review.. as my last cutter did crush certain tiles but so far there is Zero sign of this with the Rubi TX700.

This model is by far the best tile cutter i have ever owned and Rubi have out done themselves with this Newer version... So a well done to Rubi uk from me.

... more pics etc added soon..

Reply to Review : RUBI TX700 in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks