Discuss Review: RotoZip (by Bosch) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well i took delivery of the new model rotozip RZ3 from Tradetiler....

First impressions.....well it was a better design than the last model i had used and felt very sturdy and comfortable to hold...

It came with various bits for cutting ply and plasterboard to cutting porcelain tiles...

First use of the rotozip rz3....

Had a timber floor to tile..turned up and joiner had overshot the ply to far...used the rotozip to trim the ply back 50mm...the rotozip was very handy and the ply was wall to wall and no otherway of cutting it really...to much work for a fein even...well the rotozip flew through it....
I set the depth gauge to ply thickness and trimmed ....job done no probs..:thumbsup:.

Next job for the rotozip rz3..

Tiling to walls in a shower....needed to cut a rectangle hole for feed pipe and cable supply....

marked the tile...

dave-albums-profile-pics-picture1887-rzip1.jpg

cut hole out using the ceramic xbit supplied and fixed in-situ....

dave-albums-profile-pics-picture1888-rzip2.jpg

On the same job i also used the rotozip rz3 with ceramic xbit to cut a hole for cold feed to a toilet inlet..

dave-albums-profile-pics-picture1889-rzip3.jpg

The toilet was a close couple type so feed hole wasn't on view...

The ceramic xbit was quick to cut these holes but i can't see it lasting long if you try to cut to quick....the trick is to use a saw like action to prolong the bits life...

The next time i used the rotozip rz3 was to cut 2 small holes to fit around microbore feed pipe for a towel radiator...didn't have a hole cutter small enough..so i though right ,,spot on job for the rotozip rz3....these tiles were floor grade..so i used the diamond XBIT for these holes..
dave-albums-profile-pics-picture1891-rzip5.jpg

dave-albums-profile-pics-picture1892-rzip6.jpg

straight through with great ease....and then fixed in-situ...

dave-albums-profile-pics-picture1893-rzip7.jpg

On this same job..i was using hardi backer on the floor..small shower room...

so i thought right lets get the rotozip rz3 with ceramic xbit and see what it can do with cementboards..hardibacker...

well what can i say.....no probs for the rotozip rz3...

I am really starting to like this tool for its versatility of uses ...

Well thats it for now on the rotozip rz3 and i will add to this review as and when i put it to the test with more cutting....

especially when i have some porcelain to cut and travertine etc.....

i would fully recommend this tool.. a must for the tilers kit.....:thumbsup:

Big thank you to dave@tradetiler for getting this tool in stock....

TradeTiler.Ltd RotoZip

As i said i will add to the review as i go along with the rotozip rz3.....

Adding to this video from tradetiler..

[yt]Y7zivL-LWTc&feature=related[/yt]

O

Olz

Re: New Rotozip Review.....

Nice one Dave, i've been mulling over buying a rotozip for a while,

S

sWe

So how long did the holes take to cut, respectively? And how many cuts do you think the bits will last?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

So how long did the holes take to cut, respectively? And how many cuts do you think the bits will last?

very quick marcus....even quicker with the diamond xbit...

M

monty

Thanks for the review Dave... Thats my next toy on the shopping list..:thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

I've had mine for about 9 months now and love it.
Don't even bother with hole cutters now - use rotozip and circular file - qicker than drilling and less faffy!

G

Gazzer

This is one of those tools that could be useful but i would have to try before i buy. I am interested in the life of the cutting bits.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

well i've used it for 9 months, nearly all on porc and it's still going strong

R

rossy

ive had mine about a month now and find it very usefull and saves a lot of time good tool for tilers...

D

DHTiling

Video of rotozip from tradetiler added to first post.....:thumbsup:

J

jonash

think santa is goin' to get a beggin' letter, looks handy

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Just checked and I have the RZ5, don't know if that alters the life of the bits but as I say, mines still going strong.

Reply to Review: RotoZip (by Bosch) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks