Discuss Retanol Xtreme screed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Cris

TF
Reaction score
hey all, bit of advise needed. A potential customer has had whole groundfloor (80m) concreted and screeded (plus underfloor heating) with Retanol Xtreme. she has been assured by the screed company that tiling directly to screed can commence after 2days... ive stated I wont touch it without an uncoupling membrane. but shes adamant that the information the screed company has given her is correct .......wut u all think

D

Dumbo

Firstly I don't what the screed or covering is 80m and I'm putting a membrane in , I know I will be criticised but I think it's good practice , secondly you may be able to tile it in 2 days but can the heating be commisioned . Got up to temp slowly , held , then allowed to cool slowly ,

D

Dumbo

Apparently ufh can be run after 24 hours .
Rooms need to be vented for it to be dry enough after 48 hours .
I think you need to contact retanol in the uk for commmisioning details

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
tiling if unheated would not be an issue but with UFH this needs to be commissioned first. typically this would be after 21 o 28 days. My opinion would be membrane is essential if tiling after 2 days. It will be dry but may still move and crack.

D

Dumbo

tiling if unheated would not be an issue but with UFH this needs to be commissioned first. typically this would be after 21 o 28 days. My opinion would be membrane is essential if tiling after 2 days. It will be dry but may still move and crack.
In your opinion even though it is rapid setting you believe it still needs 21 days to gain enough strength before running heating up

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
In your opinion even though it is rapid setting you believe it still needs 21 days to gain enough strength before running heating up
Not my opinion. Its the opinion of the relevant British Standards. BS1264 for underfloor heating and BS8204 for the screeds. These standards do not recognise these types of screeds as a separate entity. If the manufacturers want to take the stance that they are proprietary products i.e. products that fall outside of the national standards then it would be a good idea to gain a written warranty before proceeding.

Reply to Retanol Xtreme screed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks