Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Residue remover stained grout in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Tam

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi folks,Im looking for some advice on cleaning grout on a floor I just tiled.
I've just fitted 35m2 of porcelain plank tiles and grouted with bal Micromax grout.it was a textured anti slip tile and it was a bit of a nightmare getting the grout off so I used some HG residue remover witch has worked a treat on the tiles but has left the grout a bit patchy looking.has anybody came across this problem before and is there anyway I can clean the grout without re grouting it all.
Any help would be much appreciated.thanks

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Tam,

Micromax itself is notorious for drying in patchy or perhaps too much water has soaked into the grout when you have been trying to wash the excess grout off the textured tiles. There is a chance the residue remover you have used could also have discoloured the grout. Did you use it neat or did you dilute it?

There is always the option of using Mapei Fuga Fresca to save you re grouting.

J

J Sid

Without checking, aren't you meant to wet grout joint before you use this product?

OP
T

Tam

TF
Reaction score
I did wet the floor before trying it diluted first with no success then tried it neat and washed it off with clean water twice,thanks for replies,I may try out the mapei stuff,see if that helps

Reply to Residue remover stained grout in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock