Discuss Replacing tiles around shower mixer in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

robs532

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,

Very much a novice at DIY and tiling but i have just moved into a house where there are some tiling issues in the bathroom i would like to have a go at fixing. I just want to check that is a basic level job before i make the problem worse.

Hopefully the attached pictures explain the problem but basically i want to tidy the tiling up around the shower mixture, that gap where the grouting has come away cant be helpful either. There are no tiles lifted elsewhere in the shower so im hoping its not caused by a leak and rather by poor tiling in the first place. Is this just a case of removing the old offending tiles and fitting some new ones (previous owner left some of the tiles in the garage). If so what should i be looking out for and what is the best way to approach?

We are looking at getting someone in replace the bathroom within the next 12 months so it does not need to be a long term fix.

Thanks

20190705_065224.jpg

20190705_065233.jpg

S

Spare Tool

No quick fix on this one I'm afraid, looks like the plaster/board has blown... At a minimum the valve needs to come off, tiles stripped back down to border then see what water damage is underneath...

Reply to Replacing tiles around shower mixer in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks