Discuss Replacement Floor with Existing Adhesive and Backerboard in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I've had my floor tiles lifted in my ensuite as there was a leak in the toilet. It's a newbuild house so the builder is doing the work.

The floor tiling was done by my own contractor who used 6mm hardies backer board.

The builder hasn't stripped the adhesive or backer and I think he is intending to tile on the old adhesive.

This is going to add height, although not much. Apart from that is there any reason other than saving money that he shouldn't be doing it this way and should be lifting and replacing the old backer board?

I've added a photo. Obviously need to raise the level of where the toilet is to match.

16049495525722771057305979634631.jpg

Reply to Replacement Floor with Existing Adhesive and Backerboard in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks