uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Removing wooden laminate from under existing kitchen units in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

J

JON HUME

Some advice please -
I have a kitchen to tile which was installed on top of wooden laminate flooring.
The kitchen has a polished stone worktop and I am concerned if I remove all the laminate the units will drop slightly and damage the worktops.
The kitchen units are in a U shape with various recesses for appliances, with one of the unit runs dividing the kitchen/diner - so not against a wall. This run only has a 12mm wooden back to it and two recesses so not removing the laminate would look odd I think. But should I cut the laminate around the edges of the units to leave the support in place?
Sorry, hard to describe and I have no images.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
9,219 24
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
You must be logged in to see the message.

Q

Qwerty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,212 153 1
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler

J

JON HUME

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Reply to Removing wooden laminate from under existing kitchen units in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.