Discuss removing thick tile adhesive from wall completely in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Can anybody please help, we are removing the tiles from our kitchen wall and cannot remove the tile adhesive! We are trying to chip away at it, it’s quite thick but just won’t budge, we want to paint it afterwards.

can anybody recommend something to remove thick tile adhesive. Thank you!

O

Old Mod

As Dave above says, probably recovering the wall with plaster or boards is good way, and will probably leave a better surface to tile to.

AWOL

TF
Reaction score
Hello I work for housing association and do 2 or 3 kitchens a week rip out remove tiles and when I come across hard to remove adhesive if on a solid wall also if careful of a plasterboard, dot n dab wall I use a steamer the kind used to remove wall paper work great hope this helps

Reply to removing thick tile adhesive from wall completely in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks