Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Removing stains from natural stone tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have recently moved into a house with a tiled kitchen floor and left some plant pots on cardboard on it. This got damp and has caused some brown rings and patches on the tiles where it looks like the colour and surface has been taken off. The rest of the flooring has a shiny coating on it. I have tried to find out exactly what the tiles are, but have only been able to confirm that they are natural stone. I have attached some pictures of the stains, could anybody give me some advice as to how to remove these without damaging the tiles or the coating? Many thanks
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
I have recently moved into a house with a tiled kitchen floor and left some plant pots on cardboard on it. This got damp and has caused some brown rings and patches on the tiles where it looks like the colour and surface has been taken off. The rest of the flooring has a shiny coating on it. I have tried to find out exactly what the tiles are, but have only been able to confirm that they are natural stone. I have attached some pictures of the stains, could anybody give me some advice as to how to remove these without damaging the tiles or the coating? Many thanks View attachment 113044

View attachment 113045
Does it look like there is a topical seal on the tiles? This would be a thin clear plastic like coating on the tiles.

Reply to Removing stains from natural stone tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock