Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Removing skirting for wall tiles, floor already tiled. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
do you still have some tiles left form the floor if so you can take off the skirting boards tile to the floor & then put a tiled skirting board round with a trim on the top to finish it off

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As your existing plasterboard walls are painted, to save the hassle of removing paint, and faffing about with skirtings etc,l would overboard full height with 12mm plasterboard.

OP
dg-1984

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
As your existing plasterboard walls are painted, to save the hassle of removing paint, and faffing about with skirtings etc,l would overboard full height with 12mm plasterboard.
Could I overboard with 9mm plasterboard? What's the weight capability is it still 32kg or is that only for the 12.5mm

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Basically I have a tiled floor in a toilet with skirting in place, as we were not sure if we were going to tile the walls or just wallpaper.
Now decided to tile the walls so I will remove the skirting, I just wanted to know how to get the tile to the correct thickness so it sits where the skirting ended.
Is it a case of thicker base of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ or am I best to board the walls to bring it out slightly before tile?
The walls are painted plasterboard.
The tiles are roughly 9mm thick and the skirting roughly 20mm.

I was also wondering how to trim the top with the boxed edging do I just get a 20mm trim and then it's pressed back against the wall so it covers the tile and also the excess area behind it?
Thanks.
I have used these trims from genesis they work

IMG_0081.JPG

Reply to Removing skirting for wall tiles, floor already tiled. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock