Discuss Removing old vinyl tile adhesive in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

A

Auntie

I have concrete stairs leading from my front door, I have removed the square vinyl tiles but I am left with the brown residue of glue which is no longer sticky just ugly, can anyone suggest how I get this off as I want to paint the concrete stairs to brighten them up.

Thanks for any help
Auntie
:smilewinkgrin:

D

diamondtiling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are the steps outside? it might be a bitumen used to stick the tiles, if so I have no idea, why not tile them because then i could help more.

:smilewinkgrin:

A

Auntie

The stairs are inside from my front door to the landing, I may very well end up getting them tiled, but as a temporary measure I want to clean and paint, I dont think it is bitumin, looks like a bog standard plastic tile glue, I think I may end up trying out various potions and alot of elbow grease, to clean the stairs.

Many thanks

J

jay

if you wish to tile at a later date dont paint it :8:

L

larmar

Have you tried heatng the glue with a paint stripper and scaping it off :thumbsup:

Reply to Removing old vinyl tile adhesive in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.