Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Removing hard grout from matt slate grey ceramic mosaic tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good day everyone,

I am in distress. I got a tiler through someone and he did a right mess. I bought really expensive tiles. Anyway, the tiler grouted the wall in the bathroom and LEFT IT FOR ONE WEEK. he ued mapei flexible grout medium grey. He spread the grout all over the tile and came back yesterday to try and get it off with Mr. Muscle limescale remover :mad2:.

Right now I don't even think I want him in my house to rectify this because I doubt he can. I need to get this sorted soon.

I have bought Lithofin cement residue remover - it should be delivered tomorrow. It is so much grout that I wondering if this is a lost cause and I need to retile or if I need to apply something else before. from reading on here I am leaning on buying Aqua Mix Sealer and Coating Remover before using the lithofin cement residue remover.

Any recommendations. I don't intend to do this myself - I am seeking a PROPER tiler this time - but this time I want to armed with knowledge for when the new tiler comes in.

My husband is coming home on the 24th and after being away for the army.....a bathroom with headaches such as this is the last thing I want him to come home to. I really wanted a welcoming home before the 24th and I am really stressing right now.

Please help.

OP
G

Gazzer

If there is as much grout on the tiles as you say then I think it will be a retile job.

OP
S

scotchbonnet

Oh gosh - this is what I was hoping to avoid. This is depressing news....better stop crying (literally) and find the strength - and money we don't have to sort this in a couple of days.

OP
G

Gazzer

The best thing to do is to get a good tiler tound to give 1st hand advice.
Where do you live ? We may be able to get someone to you to see the job and do a few tests before doing anything drastic.

OP
S

scotchbonnet

I live in South East London - South Norwood. I would really appreciate that and thanks for even thinking of it!

OP
U

united

Really sorry to hear about your problem, your in good hands now and I'm sure one of the members will come and sort it all out for you :thumbsup:

OP
O

old grouty

hi, my name is matthew mcmanus, i am new to this site, i have over 30 years experience in wall and floor tile, i live near camberwell not to far from you, if you still need a tiler to take a look @ this job, i would be happy to pop around and give you some free advice, and a free estimate.
you can contact me on 077 911 04738. matthew mcmanus

Reply to Removing hard grout from matt slate grey ceramic mosaic tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock