Discuss Removal of Harden Grout from Brushed Alloy Taps?? Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

shmoo

Very expensive Italian taps and showers heads that have been poorly fitted with hardened grout now in need of removal before re-fitting. Any tips on what to use on them without damaging surface of taps etc.

Thank you

Ed

G

Gazzer

Hot wet sponge or wet cloth wrapped around the taps for about 20 minutes will soften it up. Dont try and scratch it off, just let the water from sponge or cloth soak into the grout and soften it.

S

shmoo

Thanks, it's been on them for months so not sure if anything will work, but worth a try.

Ed

G

Gazzer

Like you say its worth a try but is it grout or adhesive? And what type of grout/adhesive?

G

Gazzer

Let us know how you get on.
There are products available to remove these substances but i would tread carefully due to the material of the taps.

W

White Room

If you do and try to scrape the taps use a smooth piece of clean soft wood, Very carefully.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Put piece's of sponge dampened with hot water on the taps..........and wrap in clingfilm.

Silly..........but it worked for me some time ago.

Reply to Removal of Harden Grout from Brushed Alloy Taps?? Help? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks