Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss removal of ceramic floor tile sealer in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi im looking or a liitle help? does any one know how i can remove the sealer off my ceramic kitchen tiles,i need to remove this so i can apply a non- slip polyurethane coating,as this will not stick to the surface with the floor sealent on it.should i remove this or use a sanding method to give it a key ??

Many thanks

Lee..

OP
I

Ian

Can I just ask why you have a sealer on ceramic tiles? Welcome along to the forum.

OP
L

lee sheldrick

Not sure brian or stue, the floor was like this when i moved in,i think its sealed as it is very glossey and my anti-slip coating will not stay on the tiles it peels off so i thought it was sealed??me being a thicko..All i need is some sort of key do you have any ideas??

cheers

Lee

OP
L

lee sheldrick

Sorry camera is out of order at the mo,they are ceramic tiles.
thanks
lee.

OP
D

DHTiling

What is the none slip you are trying to use..?.. Also if the tiles are contaminated with cleaning agents or small amounts of grime etc then it won't work..

Reply to removal of ceramic floor tile sealer in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock