Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss REGULAR MEMBERS: This is the new welcome forum. It's called the welcome wagon. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
With the fact that for years many of our top posters were rewarded for replying with a quick hello, the help they did back then, right up until last week, was going to affect their Post to Reaction ratio with our Two New Tags we have in place.

So I've section off the old Welcome Forum. You can still see content in there, but we will now direct members to this forum to post. And encourage them to post a nice introduction.

Only give a positive reaction to them if they have.

But PLEASE PLEASE always reply with nice long questions when welcoming them. That way, you will then get positive reactions from those new members.

We will try and direct their tile questions away from here. And split their posts if needs be. So that you can provide good lengthy tile advice and get your ratio up and the tags that are new to the forum.

There's a word limit of 5 for posts now. And there's a thread titleI' limit of 15 characters.

For the next few months we will be relaxed about reminding you. But soon enough it'll be a case of a small warning each time it's circumvented. And enough can instigate and automatic 3 -7 day ban.

The whole idea for this is to help those really established members, to compete with the newer ones who are going to be able to get the tags easier for the time being.

Hope this makes sense. I'll leave this thread open for polite discussion and constructive criticism.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Note that when you reply, some questions could be:-
  • Hi welcome aboard {name}, where are you from, what's the weather like there?
  • Hi, are you a tiler or a DIY?
  • You got a project on the go?
  • How did you find us?
That kind of thing. It'll encourage a reaction from the new member, and will really help build a bond and get the forum going again from a new member point of view.

I'll be encouraging them to post such things out of the bat. So you'll perhaps try to need to then get more personal using the information they've provided.

Reply to REGULAR MEMBERS: This is the new welcome forum. It's called the welcome wagon. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock