Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Register your tiling business with our new website please in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello lads and ladies,

I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com.

It's a directory but it will come with some awesome features and it's well optimised. I'm aiming for a check-a-builder and mytrader type website, but free for both the customers and the tradesepeople.

I need some listings adding so that I can make sure systems and processes are working.

There are some dummy listings on there, but there are also some real listings on there too.

Can any of you be so kind as to register over there and then I'll optimise your listings for you and make sure they're ranking for your area.

I haven't installed the County's in Scotland, Wales or NI yet. So I will get round to those. Let me know in the comments to this thread if you're from one of those "devolved counties" (governments words not mine) lol and I'll PM you when I've added your county.

If you have any problems trying to add your listing then let me know.

Let's call the site in BETA mode for now so it's still in testing but live and working, I think. And when we've got some listings on there and some blogs on the blog and it's ranking well, I'll we'll have a more official launch of it, and activate some of the other features. It has booking systems on there and a job posting system that hooks up to it too. But I didn't want to take too much on too quickly.

Been looking for one of these for years.

@Lou and I will start to copy over ALL FORUMS Listing systems to the new site once members have done theirs. Then we'll start to roll back the directories on the forums so that they can be redirected to the new listings and closed off eventually on here. As it's not helping the forum threads rankings with us having lots of areas with no listings added etc.

Anyway, please go to www.FreeRatedTraders.com and sign up and add a listing for me.

Report back here in this thread with any problems please.

Reaction score
Hello lads and ladies,

I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com.

It's a directory but it will come with some awesome features and it's well optimised. I'm aiming for a check-a-builder and mytrader type website, but free for both the customers and the tradesepeople.

I need some listings adding so that I can make sure systems and processes are working.

There are some dummy listings on there, but there are also some real listings on there too.

Can any of you be so kind as to register over there and then I'll optimise your listings for you and make sure they're ranking for your area.

I haven't installed the County's in Scotland, Wales or NI yet. So I will get round to those. Let me know in the comments to this thread if you're from one of those "devolved counties" (governments words not mine) lol and I'll PM you when I've added your county.

If you have any problems trying to add your listing then let me know.

Let's call the site in BETA mode for now so it's still in testing but live and working, I think. And when we've got some listings on there and some blogs on the blog and it's ranking well, I'll we'll have a more official launch of it, and activate some of the other features. It has booking systems on there and a job posting system that hooks up to it too. But I didn't want to take too much on too quickly.

Been looking for one of these for years.

@Lou and I will start to copy over ALL FORUMS Listing systems to the new site once members have done theirs. Then we'll start to roll back the directories on the forums so that they can be redirected to the new listings and closed off eventually on here. As it's not helping the forum threads rankings with us having lots of areas with no listings added etc.

Anyway, please go to www.FreeRatedTraders.com and sign up and add a listing for me.

Report back here in this thread with any problems please.

Great idea. I am based in N.Ireland so please keep me informed when this goes live. Top man. Thanks

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tried to setup the "Post a Job" section so customers can post jobs, but then broke it all. So I've rolled it back and am looking through the code to try find out what the problem with that was. That might take a bit of time so I'll leave it as it is for now so we can get some listings on there and get it running properly first.

Reaction score
Brilliant. Must have been a fair amount of work this so thanks a lot Dan!

Is this strictly for tile only? I tend to advertise for bathroom jobs rather than tile only jobs

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant. Must have been a fair amount of work this so thanks a lot Dan!

Is this strictly for tile only? I tend to advertise for bathroom jobs rather than tile only jobs
All trades, there's a bathroom fitting and plumbing etc.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Still doing some testing with this during the next couple of weeks. Thanks for those who have submitted listings. There's probably enough on there right now for me to customise everything and get it how I want it. Then I'll do another round of pestering people to sign up. :)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Still doing some testing with this during the next couple of weeks. Thanks for those who have submitted listings. There's probably enough on there right now for me to customise everything and get it how I want it. Then I'll do another round of pestering people to sign up. :)
Well Done Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Reply to Register your tiling business with our new website please in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock