Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Refurb Grout and Sealant in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Evening all!

We recently had our bathroom renovated, the Plumber/Tiler we hired to do it was a fantastic bloke, but we did notice how the finish on the grout and sealant for the tiles was not to a high standard. He assured us that after a few showers the steam would get the messy edges to drop off, this seemed extremely unlikely but we’d had a few timeline issues getting it all done so left it there as we needed the room back for our young family.

It’s now a few months later and as expected, they look just as bad. The grout has consistently messy edging, and there are numerous gaps within it in places. The sealant has gaps and no clear edging at all, I’ve attached some images if useful.

Is anyone able to kindly advise on how best to resolve this? Is the grout recoverable, or does it need completely removing and starting again? I’m sure there’s no saving the sealant but I’m unsure how to safely remove it. I’d love to know whether it’s worth attempting this or whether it’s best left to a professional.

Cheers!

CE3DF732-E120-4E02-93DA-F332710E0EFA.jpeg

83C214C9-1182-4EE5-B358-521166ABD9AC.jpeg

BAA5160F-2698-459A-B5BB-74127D71EE4D.jpeg
5D3E84AB-CAAF-4313-BF19-335AE44D5EC4.jpeg

Last edited:

Reply to Refurb Grout and Sealant in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock