Discuss Red Wedges in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

sirtilealot

Hi all, I have been reading a thread on useful tools & these red wedges keep getting a mention as being really useful. forgive my ignorance, but what are these used for, I am a bit wet behind the ears being a new starter:dizzy2:

D

doug boardley

they're ideal for packing your bottom row of wall tiles up from the floor mate, esp if existing floor is out of level or uneven concrete:thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

I use them for when a normal spacer is too big or small. Used them a lot yesterday, doing what Doug said!

C

Colour Republic

think of them as an adjustable spacer, you can jack up a tile by 0.1-5mm to help you keep straight

D

DHTiling

Hi all, I have been reading a thread on useful tools & these red wedges keep getting a mention as being really useful. forgive my ignorance, but what are these used for, I am a bit wet behind the ears being a new starter:dizzy2:

0 - 5 mm Wedges x 500

What are tile wedges?
These will save you lots of time and therefore money. Used for wall tiling in situations when you are putting bottom cuts in above any uneven surface like rough concrete etc. Using bits of card board and tile nibblings is OK But takes ages. if nothing is used the tiles keep slipping, especially when they have a thick layer of adhesive on them. The trick is to use a wedge instead but obviously you can only insert it the thickness of a tile. Turning it to the side over comes this problem. (see 'in use' picture) Micro adjust the height up to 5 mm. Use on top of each other to go over 5 mm. Great for marble wall tiling where each piece varies slightly and standard spacers will not work REUSABLE

Bag of 500

Weight 240g

'in use' picture

Price: £3.49 £4.10 Including VAT at 17.5%

available HERE>>>>>> Tradetiler Tile Spacers

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

And BOOM lots of answers:lol: anybody would think the forum is automated!

S

sirtilealot

Many thanks to you all for your swift replies,blimey this forum is gonna be some massive help to me!:thumbsup:

Reply to Red Wedges in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks