Discuss Red Quarry or Porcelain for Doorstep? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

ddo101

-
Reaction score
Hi. Looking for some opinions/advice. I am looking for tiles that would be a good match for my front doorstep for tiles that have since been removed and discarded (potentially sadly). They were 6" red Victorian/Edwardian, not sure if they were original or not, they were poorly fitted with very uneven grout lines. Given most features were stripped out over the years, I assume not original, but not sure. The closest I've come up with is a red Denis Ruabon quarry tile. Having gotten a sample though, they are rougher than what used to be there, but that could simply have been years of wear. I'm also then considering an old English reproduction ceramic, but they are all thinner than what was here (9mm vs 13mm) and probably not as safe. I appreciate I can compensate with screed, but it then becomes a much bigger job. Any other ideas? Been searching for weeks on end.

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_145155.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 13

ddo101

-
Reaction score
Yes. In fact, I've used Original Style for a new path. They're not quite as thick as what I'm after, but perhaps that's what I need to do and screed for a bit of additional thickness so I don't have a door gap issue.

Reply to Red Quarry or Porcelain for Doorstep? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks