Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Recommended suction cup lifters ? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Gotta make Harry right Andy, why skimp?
I have similar to Harry only in a light grey, non marking rubber, and will lift textured too.
Using the 1800 x 900’s last week, I only ever used one at a time.
I have total confidence in them and know they’re not gonna let go, as long as they’re maintained well.
Although the sigma ones above are excellent on a frame, (because there are multiple) I wouldn’t have any where near the confidence in them used singularly.
For me, a safer route is a larger diameter cup.
Only time I use sigma cups (and I have 12) is when it is on a narrow piece where only they will fit, and then I’ll still use two.
I have had them release before, but that was only ever on a frame, and because there’s always at least 6, I don’t feel it’s any kind of risk.
You do have to be meticulously clean with both tile and cup, don’t get sloppy, you’ll have an accident.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
DDE3E317-8BCF-49C3-9696-AF20FEBC6ECF.jpeg

OP
F

Flintstone

Have you cleaned there stock out marc ?:D
Seriously though that it insane money for that tool, surely nobody needs that ?

Think I'll invest in a couple of the pump ones as per your recommendation and Harry's. They won't get much use I don't think but there a good addition to the toolbox.

OP
O

Old Mod

Have you cleaned there stock out marc ?:D
Seriously though that it insane money for that tool, surely nobody needs that?

Whilst it is true, I don’t mind paying what it costs to make my life easier, that is the most ridiculous amount of money for a trade tool I think I’ve seen.
I did inquire tho, because they never used to advertise the price, it was always P.O.A.

There is a cheaper version tho, where that has an integral electric pump, there is one that hooks up to a vacuum, and is considerably cheaper.

Again it goes back the the origins of the tooling of ex large thin slabs, the glass industry, that suction device was originally intended for lifting large sheets of glass safely.

OP
O

One Day

The sigma cups on my frame have been known to let go of Matt and textured porcelain. Thankfully they are backed up by two of the pump type which don't fail at all.
I also use two raimondi Octo type which are expensive but they are non marking, come in their own cases and never fail, which kind of matters if you're carrying a tile worth more than a days wage up some ladders!
Cheap lifters for tile, I have the basic raimondi lever action and the little rubber montolit lifting cups.

Reaction score
I've been using the Veribor glass lifter for almost 15 years. Still have the original I purchased, hasn't failed me yet. They are made in Germany, really good reliable parts.

Below is the one I have. Well worth the investment.

veribor-glass-lifter-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Recommended suction cup lifters ? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock