Discuss Recent Uheat Elektra Woodtec UFH under laminate pics in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

O

Olz

Heres some pics of a recent electric under floor heating system from Uheat installed under laminate floor, there are afew pics missing but you get the drift of how simple it was to install, and all from one supplier.

Its the Elektra Woodtec system with the Aube thermostat, and 6mm Izotherm panels and vapour barrier.

Before

Vapour Barrier

Izotherm Insulation Panels

Elektra Woodtec Mat

Finally Laminate

Dead easy to install the UFH system, and was delievered within days of ordering, Two conduits are supplied to make routing the cables and probe up the wall to the thermostat really easy, and the cold tails were plenty long enough making the kit very flexible.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Olz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the eagle eyed amongst you, I didnt forget to add a second layer of the vapour barrier, I just forgot to take a pic. :lol:

Seriouslly though, its very easy to fit, much easier than some other brands I have used previously.

Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,263 27
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Spot on job that is mate. Good light in the pics too. :) :thumbsup:

B

bert&ernie

Looks really good Oli!!

One thing that might help you on future jobs is a bit of tape holding the insulation together and, not that it would make too much difference lay them brickbond style.

Looks great though and i presume that the customer was happy??!!

F

Frosty

Thanks Oli.
I've got a garage conversion on at the moment and Peter @ Uheat has spec'd and priced it for me couple of weeks ago.
I've heard good reports about them, but changing from known suppliers is a bit wrenching, this post has finally made up my mind to order from Uheat.

If it all goes wrong now...it's YOUR fault:incazzato::lol::lol:

F

Frosty

One question I've got is that all though the floor is presumably dry enough, the plastered walls look very damp still.

Would this have any effect on the laminate flooring (assuming it's not engineered or solid wood)????

I only ask 'cos I don't want to get caught out on this particular job!!!!!

O

Olz

Believe it or not those walls had only been plastered about an hour before, the conservatory with both doors and all the windows open must have been well over 40 degrees. The walls were 2 coat plastered, 2 and 1 over plasterboard and had all but dried out by the end of the day :yikes:

C

Colour Republic

I noticed that and was going to say the same, but I saw that the room was well ventilated and you could tell it was all done in one day (very wet plaster to 80% dry and still light outside). Normally I would have waited but I think I would have taken the risk too on that one:thumbsup:

O

Olz

Short of dabbing ice on there wasnt much we could do to slow it down, two of us did it, one side each, its not really as big as the pics make out, about 4m x 4m floor area so not much plastering, the plaster was going off within about 15 minutes of it hitting the spot board. All turned out well though.

pjrich

pjrich

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reactions
Quality Product installed by a Quality Tradesman - need I say more:thumbsup:

Reply to Recent Uheat Elektra Woodtec UFH under laminate pics in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.