Discuss re sealing shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Doesn't the structure need sorting out at all?

It should have been pinned further back. You can have corners moving 7mm every bloody where - surely? lol

What's going on? Is this a new build by any chance and all stud walling everywhere and single brick external brickwork?

Am I the only one thinking after 3 or 4 years, going through 12 seasons, it's doing to either pull tiles off because the silicone is so good, or your taps and bath and things might have moved 7mm per year if the floor is fitted well and not moving, and you have 28mm of tiling to carry on with that year. ? lol

Are we just hoping here it grows 7mm and retracts 7mm each season, and hoping it just comes back. But this time squishing the silicone?

Doesn't seem right to me this lol

It was a new build @Dan, in 1910.... 😁

J

J Sid

As I said needs investigating 😁

I would say, ad silicone job from day 1, water got behind and owner kept using it. Damage done and gets worse until owner thinks ' 7mm, that's alot must get it sorted "
To late I'd say.

Reply to re sealing shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks