Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss "Random" Pattern. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Folks, Mother in law has roped me i nto tile her kitchen splashback, about 3 yards.

The tiles she picked are 3 different colours. How do you tile a random pattern without looking terrible ? Any hints or tips ?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thankyou for the kind words Woody

OP
O

Olz

Never tiled a random pattern, but in non tile matters i usually find that the harder you try to make something random, the less random it turns out!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
^ ^ ^^
:lol:

Not sure about the colour but I didn't need to square the window so it couldn't
have been curly :grin:

OP
S

sWe

That looks great macten. Bit of a shame about the window screwing your groove, but wth, looks really good anyways.

OP
M

Mike Strutter

just added couple of random pics to my gallery

Just looked at those, that's a nice job mate:thumbsup:
----
Like yours too Macten, very neat and tidy. No trim around the window?

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just looked at those, that's a nice job mate:thumbsup:
----
Like yours too Macten, very neat and tidy. No trim around the window?

I turned up with my mitre block but no trim had been provided - this is a new build and the site manager told me to go ahead without it.
I personally prefer the look without trim tbh (and it's easier :thumbsup: )

OP
M

Mike Strutter

Looks good enough without it anyway, i'll always try to sell the idea of a nice chunk of wood on the window sill, personally i think it looks nicer.

OP
H

Hpst

That is exact colour scheme I am looking at for my kitchen. Could you tell me what colour are your units and floor and where did you get your tiles from and their size. Ideally, I like the 15 x 15 but don't think they look good in random.
Nice effect

OP
M

marc1106

just a couple of pics of my tile after installing the kitchens, client chose the pattern on the bottom one !
( just practising on how to attch pics to replys really) :45:

Reply to "Random" Pattern. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock