Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Raising Shower Floor Questions in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

mdr07

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
We recently had a tiler raise an existing shower floor to turn it into a walk-in disabled shower. Unfortunately they stuffed up the fall levels and the water runs out the side and they need to do it again. However we have also since wondered about whether the shower needed to be re-waterproofed. The previously existing shower floor likely had waterproofing and didn't have issues, and he just did a bedding over the top and lay the tiles without any new waterproofing. Will this be fine, or should there have been a new layer of waterproofing? Thanks for any advice.

P

Perfect Tiling

If its the same tiler coming back who couldn't get the falls right......and didn't check the waterproofing then I'd get another tiler as this guy hasn't a clue.

OP
M

mdr07

-
Reaction score
I think that is what we will have to do. It was seeming like he was going to have to fix his mistake (uncharged), but I don't think we want to risk having him to do it again now.

With regards to the waterproofing though, would it have needed new waterproofing when the shower bed was raised?

P

Perfect Tiling

It depends on how well the previous one is. Was it damaged doing any of the new work.....such as cut through or no longer joined to the wall waterproofing in the corners etc. It needs to be right......good luck

Reply to Raising Shower Floor Questions in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock