Discuss quite like tiling...but no thanks ! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

ian158

Attachments

• IMG_0744.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 80
  • floor tiles.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
That amount of work in one job though. I'd bite the hand off of anyone that offered me tat job. Tedious or not.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

That looks like the semi-dry method I used to specialize in. A 4:1 semi-dry sand and cement screed, tiles fixed in a portland slurry, sometimes adhesive, or even epoxy. We used a power vibration system to finish, they are beating the tiles in by hand. The snow shoes they are wearing spreads your weight.

We used to screed and tile between 150/180m2 per day, hard work, but good meathod. The older members will remember this well.

T

This is the way we screed before the tiles are laid using slurry then vibrate.jones brothers at work screeding - YouTube notice the wrist action to close the screed in using the box section rule, also they are working off pre set runners/screeds. one for TF Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
currently working in Saudi..not tiling I might add..this factory has tiles throughout...500 mtrs long by 100mts wide...id get bored quick...videos to follow on how they install!...

tiling - YouTube

tiling - YouTube

must be an easier why ?...back ache or what !
looks a great job,plenty to go at,be a doddle with nice flat floors,as long as you know what your doing

M

Martino

I have done this with my dad quite alot of times...very easy to do once you get the hang of it :)....just knock in some pegs for your leven and away you go!

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That looks like the semi-dry method I used to specialize in. A 4:1 semi-dry sand and cement screed, tiles fixed in a portland slurry, sometimes adhesive, or even epoxy. We used a power vibration system to finish, they are beating the tiles in by hand. The snow shoes they are wearing spreads your weight.

We used to screed and tile between 150/180m2 per day, hard work, but good meathod. The older members will remember this well.

remenber the lidls and aldis phil they were a nightmare,the one job i was on that sticks out was the milk marketing board in wilmslow ,peter lally on the snow shoes beating off the floor and filling the tubes with epoxy and grouting was a bugger.

T

remenber the lidls and aldis phil they were a nightmare,the one job i was on that sticks out was the milk marketing board in wilmslow ,peter lally on the snow shoes beating off the floor and filling the tubes with epoxy and grouting was a bugger.

I certainly do Mike, I think we must have all been a little bit mad in those days, but we did it. I remember Dave Taylor on one of the first Aldi stores we had screeded about 150m2 by noon, Dave said "we will be here till flippin midnight at this rate" and we were, vans pulled in with headlights shining on the floor. You know Dave Mike, he didn't say "flippin" ever. Happy days, some hard men, a pleasure to work in that gang.:thumbsup:

T

Me to Houston, only ever used it with sand and cement, never adhesive. But looking at the vid it does give 100% coverage.:thumbsup:

Reply to quite like tiling...but no thanks ! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks