Discuss Quickest drying wall filler for largish hole (before tiling) in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
I'm might have ballsed up here...

I was planning to patch up a few holes like this one before it gets tiled in just over a week or so (could be less):

IMG_20211119_183209410.jpg

IMG_20211119_183000572.jpg

I had thought to use mortar, but now I'm thinking that might take too long to cure enough for tiling over (more than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!!)? If I'm right, is there anything else I can use that could be dry/cured well enough in 5-7 days+?

I'll get there one day!

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Great... I'm going to be using low expanding foam around the frame to seal it, so it would be a quick and easy solution to use it for the gap too. I had wondered but wasn't sure if the gap was too large?

Many thanks

Upvote 0
OP
S
Reaction score
Actually, someone reminded me about Toupret fillers... I'd kind of forgotten. I've used Le Reboucheur in the past after having read how much pro decorators rate it, and I too thought it was excellent stuff. Not used it for a few years, and so forgot that it says there's no maximum depth. I'm not sure if another one of their other fillers - TX110 - was about when I bought Le Reboucher, but with a quicker setting time and no limit to the application thickness, I'm gonna give that a go and see how I get on. .

Cheers for taking the time to respond

Upvote 0
J

Joy1979

Great... I'm going to be using low expanding foam around the frame to seal it, so it would be a quick and easy solution to use it for the gap too. I had wondered but wasn't sure if the gap was too large?

Many thanks
expanding foam around the frame but not the wall as looks far too big and foam not a solid background, depending on the depth could just build out with rapid set adhesive and bridge with AFM

Upvote 0

Reply to Quickest drying wall filler for largish hole (before tiling) in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com