Discuss Quarry Tiles on porch floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jeremy

Hi all

I plan to tile a porch floor that has a rough screed finish at present.

There is a damp area at the moment but that's because of an overflowing waterbutt outside the porch which will be addressed and then allowed time to dry out.

I really need to know the best process for laying the floor?

Do I need to Water seal the floor before tiling? How should I do this?

Do I need to put down some sort of damp proof layer under the adhesive and tiles to stop any water coming up?

What's the best adhesive and grout to use with quarry tiles?

Thanks for your attention.

Jeremy

D

Dumbo

Hi all

I plan to tile a porch floor that has a rough screed finish at present.

There is a damp area at the moment but that's because of an overflowing waterbutt outside the porch which will be addressed and then allowed time to dry out.

I really need to know the best process for laying the floor?

Do I need to Water seal the floor before tiling? How should I do this?

Do I need to put down some sort of damp proof layer under the adhesive and tiles to stop any water coming up?

What's the best adhesive and grout to use with quarry tiles?

Thanks for your attention.

Jeremy
Do you actually think you have no damp proof membrane under the concrete screed

J

Jeremy

Do you actually think you have no damp proof membrane under the concrete screed
Thanks for the reply. My side of the porch is dry but my neighbour's side is damp because of the waterbutt. I suppose I have to assume I don't? There is no evidence to suggest there is.

D

Dumbo

Thanks for the reply. My side of the porch is dry but my neighbour's side is damp because of the waterbutt. I suppose I have to assume I don't? There is no evidence to suggest there is.
Although the dampness is showing in the floor it could be traversing through the wall. Do the rest of your floor get wet in the winter

J

Jeremy

It's a wood construction and wooden clad on the outside and painted. I think the only damp/wetness is caused by the Waterbury which will be addressed. Thanks

J

Jeremy

Thanks do you have any advice on treating the concrete floor, adhesive, grout etc?
Thank you

Reply to Quarry Tiles on porch floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks