Discuss Quansol Mitre Box in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of one of these this morning and was straight into action using it with 10mm square edge chrome plated aluminium trim:thumbsup:

IMG00035-20100614-0837.jpg

Really well packaged - but whats inside?

Mitre box.
One bag of replaceable saw guides - great idea.
Instructions.
And I got a smashing little stanley knife of Diatech...

IMG00036-20100614-0837.jpg

For all it's only plastic it's nice and sturdy:thumbsup:

IMG00037-20100614-0838.jpg

IMG00038-20100614-0838.jpg

It grips the trim really well and doesn't move about at all...

IMG00040-20100614-0854.jpg

With a good quality 32TPI hacksaw, you'll get a nice clean cut at a perfect angle of your choice - either 90, 45 or 22.5 degrees.

IMG00039-20100614-0853.jpg

IMG00046-20100614-1331.jpg

All in all a great bit of kit and highly recommended.

Last edited:
D

diamondtiling

Re: Quansol Mitre Box....

:lol::lol: We all make mistakes Neale:lol::lol:

And boy will I be watching for your next one:lol:

You may have a long wait Merle..............:lol:

I can just see in 20 years bent over your pc,

"come on Ramic, come on, make a bleedin mistake, I'll have you son, just you see if I dont"

:lol::lol:

Reaction score

I saw these advertised a while back and they looked very good, its still nice to know someone who's got one and pleased with it.....

fathers day is coming.... I'll see if I can blag the kids :lol:

D

DrayTek

Handy looking piece of kit.

Any chance you could tell me where you got that trim from. Just completed a job where the client wanted the top edge of the tile grouted, now they want a trim, struggling to find a trim i can just plant on top of the tile.

D

DHTiling

That is great news Dave.

Are you going to stock replacement inserts as well..?

D

David - Tradetiler

We will do the inserts on our next order from New Zealand. Most people just swap the ones from the rarely used 22.5 deg fist.

B

boxer1van

Got my box direct from manufacturer almost two years ago and bought exrta bag of inserts at the same time. Simple to use and very accurate but keep clean at all times to prevent jamming of mechanism underneath (small spray of silicone oil occasionally). Great for metal trims. Diatech in Perth has one of best prices locally.

Reply to Quansol Mitre Box in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks