Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Public Thread!: Poor tile Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

Hey mate, all good . Extremely busy.... Getting married again :) Have new addition to my family- another dog. How are you?
You found it then haha :thumbsup:

Yeah I’m good Tony mate thanks.
Miss seeing your work here!
Well congratulations and congratulations, again! :thumbsup:

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You found it then haha :thumbsup:

Yeah I’m good Tony mate thanks.
Miss seeing your work here!
Well congratulations and congratulations, again! :thumbsup:
Thanks. Will post some … Have done some interesting wooden mosaics not long ago. They said it was first in the UK. So would like to hear opinion.

Reaction score
This is the result I got for a bathroom refurb. tile took 8 working days from 19-28 Feb. He said his cutting machine kept breaking because my tiles were 'good'. He enquired about why his machine was breaking at his trade store. He also tried to invoice me for 15m sq, when he decided to only do 2 walls (I had asked for all walls half-tiled). Aside from him lying about how many walls we agreed, and lying about the amount of tiles on my walls, is this a professional standard? Will I have issues with leaking through this cracking and patchy grout or tiles cracking or falling off?

image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image5.jpeg image4.jpeg image7.jpeg IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1148.JPG

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell, you have some cracked and missing grout and a few chipped cuts but wider view photos would help see the bigger picture.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, here is what I found... Pool is been done only 5-6 years ago. Looks like only grout holds them together.
PD pool.jpg
PD pool2.jpg

B

Bill

Those tiles look iffy for pools.

The https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ doesn't look too clever either.

T

Tile Shop

Again, tiles must be faulty because they have cracked in 5 months of installation.

Few emails later getting the fitters method statement.

No, they have cracks because your "professional bathroom fitter" (turns out he's a general builder) has tiled a shower, without tanking, onto plywood!
thumbnail_crack.jpg thumbnail_crack2.jpg thumbnail_crack3[3].jpg

Waiting for further images when the tiles are taken down.... or fall off!

EDIT: Exact reply from the builder:
"Your bathroom hasn’t been tanked, nor does it need to be, it’s not a wet room, we have used 18mm marine ply as a base, screwed in every 6 inches with 40mm wood screws, flexible https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ (Mapai)

Flexible grout (mapai), corners and joints have been sealed with dowsil 791 flexible translucent silicone before application of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, we used a 6mm notched trowel."

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock