Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public liability insurance in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just a quick one chaps, my public liability insurance has been less than £100 a year forever. This year I specifically added underfloor heating to the quote as I am doing more and more of it, the quotes are upto £300+ now. Just wondered what you chaps are paying and how do you go about including ufh on there as they just don't seem to get it !

OP
O

Old Mod

Do they think you’re connecting it up?
Wouldn’t it then be considered a fire hazard or something, especially as you’re not a sparks?
I pay £16 a month for £5M but I must admit ufh is not something I’ve added, but I almost never install it now.
All prep is generally done for me now.

OP
D

Dumbo

For £200 extra I wouldn't bother, ufh failure after instal is usually bad installation, now I know you don't do that, if it's the ugh that's the ufh company problem , also you would be unlucky to damage one mat a year during instal and that could then be mended during instal . But you could probably replace if you had to what you damaged so no I wouldn't bother.

OP
F

Flintstone

To be honest, I haven't spoke to them, my mother does all my paperwork and accounts so she's spoke to them. She did specifically say it is electric and I don't wire it up but I think they still said it could cause a fire etc and I've fitted it.

OP
D

Dumbo

To be honest, I haven't spoke to them, my mother does all my paperwork and accounts so she's spoke to them. She did specifically say it is electric and I don't wire it up but I think they still said it could cause a fire etc and I've fitted it.
I don't think they get it

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Always £500+ for the year. :(

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I always leave the paperwork/guarantee tested for continuity and resistance with cold tails for connection by a qualified electrician.
Signed and dated.
Plan of layout, position of sensor.
But never included it as an item in any covering insurance.
May need to check now!

OP
Q

Qwerty

I always check continuity of mat myself before & after fitting the same as you do Andy. Nearly all mats have a full braided earth sleeve now so as far as I am aware the insulation test isnt essential. These are tested and certified at the factory (reputable brands only). I've only ever used Warmup and these are labelled and signed as safe in these tests. Cheapo mats I've seen elsewhere are not

OP
S

Spare Tool

I always check continuity of mat myself before & after fitting the same as you do Andy. Nearly all mats have a full braided earth sleeve now so as far as I am aware the insulation test isnt essential. These are tested and certified at the factory (reputable brands only). I've only ever used Warmup and these are labelled and signed as safe in these tests. Cheapo mats I've seen elsewhere are not
Ah right, makes sense Geoff, I'd never heard of it before, i should have shown em this and they'd have been as surprised as me ;) wp_ss_20190427_0001.png

Reply to Public liability insurance in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock