Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Profile edge in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Simac

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Doing a backsplash above a cooker and will be boxing in using metal profile edging, my intentions were to tile right up to the profile edge. Is this the correct method or do I leave a gap in between for grouting.

OP
S

Simac

-
Reaction score
Have you tried using the search box on the forum to see if anyone else has had a similar question?
That I have and seems the conclusion is based on preference, I was going to go on the bases of putting the profile edge right up to the edge of the tile but then saw on social media elsewhere that others were leaving a gap similar size to the tile spacing. Also read that the reason for a space in between (then grouted) is to prevent water getting inbetween tile and edging, but this is above a cooker not a sink. So sticking to my initial option. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to Profile edge in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock