Discuss Problem with Topps Adhesive in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me with Topps flexi rapid set. Had to re tile a bathroom floor at my own expense. The adhesive stuck to the tiles but none to the ply. I didn't use that adhesive again and also don't use ply anymore! You pay to learn!

E

ECOTEC

Funny that. I've just had to redo a shower tray. The adhesive stuck to the ply but not to the tray- it just lifted straight away the next day.
I noticed that some of it had not set.
I tried again once everything was cleaned up. Sanded and scored the underside of the tray and then used SBR. It seems to be okay this time.
I purposely mixed too much to see what was happening, and sure enough it was still not fully set the next day- Saturday. I checked this morning and it had finally set.

E

ECOTEC

It's made by Palace. I have had problems with the rapid set taking ages to cure but, never with it not sticking. It is probably 3 years since I last used it though. What tiles have you used? Has the adhesive debonded from the tile or the floor?

E

ECOTEC

Had problems with two bags of rapid set from Ayr depot 30 square metres 600 x 300 had already laid 20 metres with no problems the last two bags were setting in the bucket after 5 minutes opted for usual Bq stuff No problems.

Reply to Problem with Topps Adhesive in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks