Discuss Problem with LVT job in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
So I ordered LVT from Luxury flooring. 2.5mm nest stick down. Had a tiler who did a great job at families house in ceramic tile.
It seems he’s not so skilled in LVT.
Where the kitchen kick boards are the lvt is gappy. There’s 5-10mm gaps. It’s IKEA kitchen so the kickboards are deeply set back but it’s obvious when at low level. During the install, as he finished the first day the last row was gappy. I told him via messag that night he said it just needed glue in the gap, it didn’t. One of the lvt has lifted at the corner and i tied to stick it down with left over glue but it is stubborn. He’s left so much glue all over it’s shocking.
To add to the joy, the lvt tiles installed have wild colour variations between planks. 75% match samples and photos but some are much darker. I know this is a look with some lvt , but it’s one I avoided. So the supplier has been messaged about it as well.
The installer has cancelled on me to sort it several times, and im thinking im going to have to get an independent report and small claims.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
So I ordered LVT from Luxury flooring. 2.5mm nest stick down. Had a tiler who did a great job at families house in ceramic tile.
It seems he’s not so skilled in LVT.
Where the kitchen kick boards are the lvt is gappy. There’s 5-10mm gaps. It’s IKEA kitchen so the kickboards are deeply set back but it’s obvious when at low level. During the install, as he finished the first day the last row was gappy. I told him via messag that night he said it just needed glue in the gap, it didn’t. One of the lvt has lifted at the corner and i tied to stick it down with left over glue but it is stubborn. He’s left so much glue all over it’s shocking.
To add to the joy, the lvt tiles installed have wild colour variations between planks. 75% match samples and photos but some are much darker. I know this is a look with some lvt , but it’s one I avoided. So the supplier has been messaged about it as well.
The installer has cancelled on me to sort it several times, and im thinking im going to have to get an independent report and small claims.
Should of used avinyl layer

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
YOU tried to remediate. That's a big mistake... get him back to sort it

Reply to Problem with LVT job in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks