Discuss Pro tiler - tendon injury? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

EazyTileZ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am a professional tiler. I tile wetrooms and generally tile between 10-20m per day so on average 60m plus a week. Recently my arm is in shocking condition, constant pain feels like might be tendons. Any1 here have similar issues? I dont want to do permanent damage but i also cant afford to have time off unless its absolutely necessary. I have had similar feelings before in the are i trowel with but never as bad as it is at minute. Should i just stop bein soft or is it something that can do permanent damage if not addressed? I use tubbed adhesive i know that doesnt help, but its a council contract and they always provide materials.

Thanks

Adam

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I remember having bad tennis elbow when I started out and was doing site work. That was all tub adhesive. Since most tiles are over 30cm these days I only use bag adhesive and I’d forgotten all about that pain until I read your thread. I think you should change and give yourself a chance to heal. Good for everyone involved I’d say.

EazyTileZ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for reply @faceman , it is a tough trade on all different parts of the body isnt it! Knees and eyes and back etc can all be helped with damage limitation but this doesnt seem like something that can be managed without rest. That bein said ive got a room to do tomorrow and then hopefully good rest up over weekend might help a little. Anyone use any wrist supports or anything of the like that is known to help this sort of thing?

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Dont know how old you are but iv had to wear elbow supports
for about 12 years now, but everything aches... knees, shoulders,
wrists, elbows. worst 1st thing but as you get going things loosen
up and you get on with it. its a tough trade that takes it out on your
body after a while

Reply to Pro tiler - tendon injury? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks