Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Primers for mapei leveling compound in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

EdMac

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
ON this thread: Floor Tiling On Concrete - Several Questions About Floor Prep and Laying - https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/floor-tiling-on-concrete-several-questions-about-floor-prep-and-laying.87417/page-2#post-931307

I asked abuit how to level a row of engineering bricks that sit 2 to 3mm below the concrete floor. They are only 4 inches wide so I wasn't going to use a SLC but because I have 1 corner with a very small area that dips I might as well do the bricks and that area with SLC.

I went for
Great%20Value%20Product_3

ae235

ae235

MAPEI ULTIMATE LEVELLER 1210 SELF-LEVELLING FLOOR COMPOUND 20KG

at screwfix. This was £9.99 and the instructions say to use the Eco-T Primer which costs about £30. Is there a more generic primer that will do the job as I'm literally covering a surface area of about 0.5sqm so it seems steep to buy that primer.

I already have Benfer Prim to prime for the tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ - perhaps that would work?

Thanks.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You can use primer that you have got,or SBR, or just clean and dampen area. Best practice to prime.

OP
E

EdMac

TF
Reaction score
So I'm about to prime the small area I want to use SLC on. Presumably that'll take 30 mins or an hour to dry off. Then I want to apply the SLC. I gather that will be touch dry in a matter of hours. But it says 24 hours to fully dry.

If I pour that at say 7pm will I be OK to prime and tile over at say 10am tomorrow morning.

If I need to prime the rest of the floor area before tile tomorrow should I prime it tonight or will it be OK an hour or two before I tile tomorrow? (Its hard to keep cats out of area and they may wee on the floor)

Reply to Primers for mapei leveling compound in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock