Discuss Prime old plastered walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Evening all,

Quick question on priming old walls. Original plaster is in reasonable condition, some minor imperfections etc.

Do i need to prime the walls before tilling old plaster?

Thanks!

T

Time's Ran Out

What’s on the surface of the plaster - wallpaper , emulsion , paint glue size.....
Will only take 22kg of total weight.

Reaction score
What’s on the surface of the plaster - wallpaper , emulsion , paint glue size.....
Will only take 22kg of total weight.

Small downstairs loo. Biggest wall is 1940 x 1220mm Looks like very old paint, possibly from the 1950s. It's not flaky or damaged however. I stripped old wallpaper off and sugar soaped the walls.

W

Waluigi

Yes you should prime plaster. Usually an acrylic primer. The maximum you can hang off a plastered wall is 20kg PSM Which includes Adhesive and Grout.

Remove paint first.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Knock it off and re board, seriously, for the size of it, it will work out better and no more expensive than bodgeing it

Reply to Prime old plastered walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks