Discuss Pricing up jobs in London in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys

Relatively new to this game and hoping for a bit of guidance on pricing. Am quoting for 2 en suites, total 60sqm (50 walls, 10 floors approx). Been told the floors are prepped and durabase and self levelling is down, just needs tiles and adhesive and associated materials. The jobs is advertised by a firm who are doing work on the property but clearly struggling to do the tiling themselves. What is the best way to price this, what should I take into account and what's the best way to manage this whole process through a firm rather than the customer directly.

thanks in advance!

D

Dumbo

Can't discuss pricing in open forum but before you start getting to excited about the prospect of working for a builder and not getting paid for two months I would go and look at the job as usually builders prep is not very good ( tiler can get over that ) and if a tiler did it why is he not finishing it . Sorry to be such a miserable git but for our part good builders are few and far between .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Without doubt go and have a look first , no idea on pricing in london, as pricing everywhere in britain is different.
Sorry for not being any help at all ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Appreciate pricing can't be discussed, I am more interested how to structure it rather than what to actually charge and, if in fact, it's even worth doing. I had a look at the job just now, the two bathrooms are very much under construction as I speak. The expectation is that it will all be plastered by the end of the week and ready for tiling next week. They have a guy that does their tiling but he will be on another one of their projects. Thoughts??

W

WetSaw

I take it they're only plastering the parts that aren't being tiled. Otherwise it'll be more than a week to dry and limited in tile size (weight) unless it's for DIY SOS of course.

W

Waluigi

Stopped going into London in 2003. Preferred to see my children from time to time. Would probably go back once they’re grown up. Back then it was a quarter of a century per day errrrrrr times ten.

Please delete this post if I’ve accidentally dropped a price into the thread :D :kissingclosed:

O

One Day

I would structure it this way.
Tell the builder you only work for the client. Period.
You will however make them look very good for recommending you and will gain them more business and recommendations.
Failing that, walk away.
Builders will either drag you down to their level, or cause you massive problems.

Reply to Pricing up jobs in London in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks