Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Previous vinyl floor tile job help in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reactions
I have a lead on my builder that states the following :
I'm looking for a floor tiler to lay tiles in my hallway the only problem is the sub concrete floor isn't porous to adhesives because of previous vinyl floor tile adhesive.so I guess take the top layer of concrete off and screed or something else equally as effective. The room is 3 mtrs by 2 mtrs. '

Any advice on how to approach this? If the vinyl tiles are still layed, to SBR with a handful of sand -> adhesive bed -> tile? If the tiles are lifted and the bitumen is exposed to use SLC - SBR with sand -> adhesive -> tile?

Reply to Previous vinyl floor tile job help in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.