Discuss preperation for tiling a step external step in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

celticman1956

1 remove tiles
2 clean and make smooth
could some one fill the rest in do i screed and could you recommend a adhesive
the step is 7ft long and 1.5 wide
thanks all j,g

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Assuming the step is of concrete construction, tile with external grade porcelain, cement based tile adhesive, ( would probable go with a rapid set flex , personality. ) given external Conditions and tempature fluctuations -epoxy grout. Only need to screed if the fall is currently inadequate.

Assuming you are in the north west highlands, Ullapool, perhaps? Given the severe weather your likely to experience.

I'd go for belt and braces , on this!.

C

celticman1956

in the pictures you will see i have taken off some of the concrete adhesive
would you recommend putting ardex ca screed on and what adhesive to use
thanks all
20170630_171207.jpg
20170630_165451.jpg

C

celticman1956

porcelain tiles i have scraped of some adhesive but will do the rest tommorow

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Assuming there is adequate fall, and all loose material has been removed from the surface. I personally would use SBR primer, a good quality adhesive such as Bal rapid-flex fibre plus, and epoxy grout. Good luck.

Reply to preperation for tiling a step external step in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks