Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Preparing a painted wall for tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys.
I’m after a bit of advice on how to prepare my kitchen wall for a splashback that I’m doing in 200x100 bevelled metro tile.
I battened and plasterboarded the wall and freshly skimmed it around 18 months ago. It’s also painted with Matt emulsion.

What are you opinions on how I should prep the wall? Sand down, scrape, key?
Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I’m after a bit of advice on how to prepare my kitchen wall for a splashback that I’m doing in 200x100 bevelled metro tile.
I battened and plasterboarded the wall and freshly skimmed it around 18 months ago. It’s also painted with Matt emulsion.

What are you opinions on how I should prep the wall? Sand down, scrape, key?
Thanks

Usually you can wash the emulsion off. Prime with suitable acrylic primer and tile with a c1 c2 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/

P

Perfect Tiling

I usually scrape the paint off with one of the wall scrapers you can get out of B an Q...with the tile tools. A very sharp angled blade....once you get it right it just lifts the paint off the plaster....or with plasterboard it takes off the top paper layer and paint. Prime as the others said and tile.

Reply to Preparing a painted wall for tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock