Discuss Preparation for Mosaics on floor in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

After some advice. I’m tiling a 4m floor in 1 inch hexagon mosaics. The floor is green chipboard which is pretty secure but I would always use ditramat 25 on it prior to fixing but Schlüter have said not to fix anything under 50mm on to ditra 25. Anyone had the same issue? It’s not the sort of job I fancy doing twice!

Cheers for any help.

D

Dumbo

As above overboard with something like hardie backer but you may want to skim it over with a smoothing compound after to get it perfectly smooth to recieve mosaics

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GoneGuy

Hardie Backer flies and screwed and then go over with a feather edge smoothing compound to fill any little gaps such as screw heads etc

O

One Day

Definitely wouldn't recommend orbry, wedi, marmox etc for small mosaics. Point loading would be too much and the board could compress.
Result would be a mess.

Reaction score
Thanks to you all. Seems to be that hardie backer board with a skim of levelling compound sounds favourite then.

Cheers for the help.

Reply to Preparation for Mosaics on floor in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks