Discuss PPE in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you care for PPE?

BuyBrandTools.com have got a few bits and bobs in regarding PPE and I thought I'd rais the question to see how many of you consider it to be important or an after thought.

Even domestic jobs need some care taken into account.

Some info on it on the Tiling Blog here: Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Commercial or domestic..always take health and safety seriously....
You only have one pair of eyes..wear protection....etc etc etc.....:thumbsup:

G

Grace'sDad

I come from the PPE industry so I guess I take it seriously naturally.

My hands are toughening up but I still wear gloves for grouting and clean-up to avoid dermatitis.
It's also worth investing in a good pair of safety specs, they've come a long way in the past few years. I even wear mine for mountain biking! (made by Uvex they cost £35 from a bike shop or £7 from Arco -exactly the same specs!)

I love my knee pad Snickers pants (other brands available!) And I wear my Ipod while wet-cutting to drown out the noise and knacker my hearing at the same time.

Oh, and to be really girly - (bet I get flamed for this) - I like Neutrogena hand cream after work. The kind used by big, tough, heterosexual Norwegian fishermen! :whatchutalkingabout

Reaction score
always wear safety bins when wet cutting, nipping etc, stopped wearing Reebok classic safety footwear when I crushed my toe, in which the bone had fragmented into many many pieces..

Mark.

F

Fekin

I use wrap around glasses for cutting \ filing, but other than that, Jeans and t-shirts.

Keep meaning to get printed work gear done, like good pants and sweaters.

T

tfs

Many peeps including cusotmers are fully aware of the role Health and Safety plays in businesses today. I feel that as well as protected number one it also projects a more proffesional imgae to your cutomers.

I wear trouser (knee pads), safety boots as a minimum on any job and always keep gloves and spec handy.:thumbsup:

P

Pawelzik

Safety shoes with steel cap in the front. And if your skin suffers from the cement, take a re-fatting lotion after your work.

G

grumpygrouter

I always wear a boiler suit, I wear glasses for close work anyway and I always, always wear barrier lotion (gloves in a bottle) and when i get home scrub hands thoroughly then moisturise them afterwards. Ladies don't like rough hands now do they...... oh! and marigolds for grouting!

Have safety boots but tend not to wear them as they cut across my toes:48: .

Grumpy

Reply to PPE in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks