Discuss Potential grout issues with tile in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Screenshot_20190728-184631~2.png

I have a job coming up and I've been told they are porcelain. I'm yet to see the tile in person. The surface looks like I might need to be careful when grouting. Any advice?

T

Tile Shop

They should be fine to grout as normal if the are glazed porcelain, but if they are textured or if you're using dark grout (eg black or anthracite) do a test on a spare tile to see how easy they are to clean. If it stains or is very difficult to remove, apply some temporary sealer like Bal Protective Sealer and re-test to ensure it does the job. Should make them easier to clean and the sealer should automatically come off during the cleaning off process.

D

Dumbo

Just had similar .
So what I did was two things .
1 get a tiler and do an acid test on it in case you need it . This is to know you don't wreck the tile with acid
2 , also test with bal pre wax sealer to see if you use that on the tile that it will come of ok .
Other than that work as clean as possible and maybe grout smaller areas before clean up and use two water buckets when grouting .

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I just done some tiles like that and grouted with anthracite they were fine just grouted a small area at a time and kept it clean

Reply to Potential grout issues with tile in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks