Discuss Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Will defo be speaking to the Tiler. Just needed to know who to believe and the next steps to take. So thanks for the advice so far.
So is it the cement away or the power clean?
We already have the kf (used diluted then neat) and we have kf intensive cleaner!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Will defo be speaking to the Tiler. Just needed to know who to believe and the next steps to take. So thanks for the advice so far.
We already have the kf (used diluted then neat) and we have kf intensive cleaner!

Don't suppose you know what adhesive was used on this job? And whether the shower area had been tanked/water proofed?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

You can try the alkaline cleaner mentioned above and if that doesn’t work then you IMO need a stronger cleaner , I once had my son leave residue on black Matt porcelain and what a nightmare it was , only product that worked was acid based.
Let us know how you get on.

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
You can try the alkaline cleaner mentioned above and if that doesn’t work then you IMO need a stronger cleaner , I once had my son leave residue on black Matt porcelain and what a nightmare it was , only product that worked was acid based.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers Dave.
I tend to agree with you.
We've been over it already with the kf and it reacted with some of the heavier grout residue but I felt it needed something stronger.
Once had some plasterers spill render all over patio slabs in a garden and it dried... Only thing we got it off with, was careful use of a product called disclean... Used it many times since... It eats cementious based products and the kf smelled very similar to that, albeit not as strong.

J

J Sid

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
It appears you are intent on using a outside only product indoors. IMHO very silly.
If your problem is cement base issue use builders clean Lithofin MN Builders' Clean | Sole UK Agents for Lithofin Products - https://casdron.co.uk/lithofin-mn-builder-s-clean.
If your problem is polymer base problem the I believe power clean is good.
Whichever method you choice to use I hope it goes well and please read the instructions on your chosen product and test in an inconspicuous area first

Nope. No decisions made just yet.
We are considering our options, including getting the Tiler back to sort it out. Thanks for the advice.

D

Dougs Third Go

I'm pretty sure the outdoor cleaner will shift the polymer residue and I'm pretty sure that it wont etch the tiles, but if you do go down that route make sure it's well ventilated and don a respirator.

T

Time's Ran Out

To add to the discussion and it has been mentioned - stainless steel and chrome fittings can/will be etched by even the fumes! So remove or cover.
Professional cleaning company acid cleaned a car showroom floor (BMW) and the handrails, fire extinguishers and anything chrome turned to rust in front of my eyes ( and that of the showroom Managing Director)

J

J Sid

That’s why it’s called outside sealer Doug. Because it needs plenty ventilation 😂.
No Dave, it's outside because it's not safe to use inside, and recommending it for a bathroom with minimal ventilation is wrong, even with no metal in the room which could be damaged. Laughing about it isn't funny. There are plenty of more suitable products out there which would sort the problem and be suitable for internal use

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Steady on lads. It's a thread on a website not a life changing war. :)

Reply to Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks