Discuss Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No Dave, it's outside because it's not safe to use inside, and recommending it for a bathroom with minimal ventilation is wrong, even with no metal in the room which could be damaged. Laughing about it isn't funny. There are plenty of more suitable products out there which would sort the problem and be suitable for internal use

No probs Julian , I’m not stating to use it neat , that would be mad , diluted say 1:10 , won’t be highly toxic fume wise and then increase strength if required.
Yes be careful with chrome etc and it’s not that strong the fumes will bleach anything either.

So I’ll leave it there and await what the OP does.

U

Unused Account 1

It happens a lot on dark matt finish porcelain ,i had probs with a black matt ,just cleaning it as fitting them ,washed about ten times with the correct wash products ,in the end before grout,i used a steamer,came up great ,grouted it ,same thing ,let it go off for a few days,then steam cleaner ,it worked well ,the tiles i used been disbanded ,probably off so many issues

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Morning chaps.
Update and a bit of background for you.
This is my mate's job, we pair up sometimes on each others larger plumbing projects.
So, he's handling the client and the Tiler and I came on here to help support him with your professional advice and opinions, so thank you all for your inputs.

He spent yesterday going over the tiles again with the kf cement residue remover and then the kf intensive cleaner (both at 1:1). He couldn't get the Tiler back for yesterday but will be "having a word", meantime he had to appease the customer.

Results looked good, by end of play and all was pretty much dried out. He wanted to use the products supplied by the tile shop, before resorting to stronger stuff in the range and I understand his logic... ie: follow the suppliers advice (for now).
As ALL involved are now looking at this "under a microscope" (which is what always happens when a customer is disgruntled) there are a couple of stubborn blemishes still remaining and may need another going over, but, as of yesterday evening it's looking promising, which is good news as the client would prefer to use the same tiles in the ensuite and having her confidence restored is a positive thing for all.

On a side note... am I allowed to ask here for any of you guys' details for future work in the North London and Herts area?
I have a guy who's work is excellent but he usually needs 6-8 weeks notice, which I just can't always give, due to work coming live for me.
I've tried others and none have measured up... with a couple being absolute nightmares!
I do fairly high spec work and know that it's the tiling that makes the job.
So, please guide me if I should request this elsewhere and apologies if I've tested forum rules.
Thanks again,
Dean

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning chaps.
Update and a bit of background for you.
This is my mate's job, we pair up sometimes on each others larger plumbing projects.
So, he's handling the client and the Tiler and I came on here to help support him with your professional advice and opinions, so thank you all for your inputs.

He spent yesterday going over the tiles again with the kf cement residue remover and then the kf intensive cleaner (both at 1:1). He couldn't get the Tiler back for yesterday but will be "having a word", meantime he had to appease the customer.

Results looked good, by end of play and all was pretty much dried out. He wanted to use the products supplied by the tile shop, before resorting to stronger stuff in the range and I understand his logic... ie: follow the suppliers advice (for now).
As ALL involved are now looking at this "under a microscope" (which is what always happens when a customer is disgruntled) there are a couple of stubborn blemishes still remaining and may need another going over, but, as of yesterday evening it's looking promising, which is good news as the client would prefer to use the same tiles in the ensuite and having her confidence restored is a positive thing for all.

On a side note... am I allowed to ask here for any of you guys' details for future work in the North London and Herts area?
I have a guy who's work is excellent but he usually needs 6-8 weeks notice, which I just can't always give, due to work coming live for me.
I've tried others and none have measured up... with a couple being absolute nightmares!
I do fairly high spec work and know that it's the tiling that makes the job.
So, please guide me if I should request this elsewhere and apologies if I've tested forum rules.
Thanks again,
Dean

Thanks for the update , glad it’s coming up clean.

Just for reference with the en-suite.
Some tiles are hard to clean residues off , bal do a temporary sealer that aids cleaning off.
Well worth using >>> https://www.*****************/products/protective-sealer/

As for tilers , try the tilers directory on the forum homepage 👍

Dilalio

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the update , glad it’s coming up clean.

Just for reference with the en-suite.
Some tiles are hard to clean residues off , bal do a temporary sealer that aids cleaning off.
Well worth using >>> https://www.*****************/products/protective-sealer/

As for tilers , try the tilers directory on the forum homepage 👍

Cheers Dave.
Will definitely use that temp sealer on the ensuite wetroom and is good for us to know about these sort of issues for the future.
I suppose I've never had this before because my tilers have just done what is needed, without the need for me to be aware... It's only when something is missed that issues come to light... Like any profession... Plumbing and heating is rife with it too ;)

Reply to Post tiling issues with finish in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks