Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Porcelain Tiles - Problems! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Chris101

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good Evening,

I have just had my kitchen tiled - around 40m2 and am worried about the following -

1. How level the actual floor is
2. Multiple small chips on tiles laid (I have counted 10 so far and only counted 30% of the tiles laid)
3. A few of the tiles are raised by 2mm
4. Some of the grout lines are either too small or too big (consistency), should all have been 3mm
5. Gaps between skirting and floor (only in some areas but been told this is to allow the under floor heating expansion).

We have a concrete floor with wet underfloor heating and screed on top.
The tiles were laid on top of a decoupling membrane and has been down for over a week.

Should the above points be raised ?
What steps are required to remedy the issue.

OP
Q

Qwerty

Sounds unacceptable standards to me but does depend on what tile quality was like as well. Any photos?

OP
W

WetSaw

There shouldn't be any chipped tiles.
Lippage should be minimal but British Standards are quite generous so you may struggle with that point.
Grout lines can vary if the tiles are not rectified or the same size, again British Standards allows a fair amount of leeway.
Having said that, regardless of what I'm working with the end result should be a happy customer.

OP
C

Chris101

a few pics and yes unfortunately again as I am unsure of what action to take, if any...

20170918_212802.jpg 20170918_212619.jpg 20170918_212454.jpg 20170918_212813.jpg

OP
B

Blunt Tool

So went from tiles sound hollow, to gaps under skirting, to lips on tiles and now chips on tiles. This job has been discussed in multiple threads and already been given the same answer?

Reply to Porcelain Tiles - Problems! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock