Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Porcelain tiles ok for wetroom? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello all
I’ve purchased some Wickes Mississippi grey 300 X 600 Matt porcelain tiles for wetroom floor. Also purchased Wickes Olympia great polished porcelain tiles for walls. - they kind of match with Mississippi. I noticed That the Olympia and and other porcelain tiles wick sells all say for use ‘indoor including wetrooms’. However, it doesn’t say this online for the Mississippi tiles - it only says indoor.
so my question which I hope you can help me with is - can I use these formy wetroom floor? Wickes staff couldn’t help but suggested they should be fine but I really do not want to take any risks.
they will be fitted over ditra (mostly) and kerdi Over shower former area where they will be envelope cut.
Please help as it’s now holding up my progress... many thanks! Sam

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks Dave for your reply. The colour match wasn’t good when I laid them out so now I have some mosaics instead. Next task is to work out how to lay them as I had previously expected and practised envelope laying of the full size tiles. I will research/ practice this but any advice on laying mosaics over wetroom former with offset drain would be very welcome. Thanks again Dave!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Dave for your reply. The colour match wasn’t good when I laid them out so now I have some mosaics instead. Next task is to work out how to lay them as I had previously expected and practised envelope laying of the full size tiles. I will research/ practice this but any advice on laying mosaics over wetroom former with offset drain would be very welcome. Thanks again Dave!
What type of former have you , some you can’t use small mosaics on because of point loading.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi dave
It’s an akw tuffform covered in ditra. The tiles are 50mm x 50mm
Thanks
[automerge]1601897828[/automerge]
Sorry covered in kerdi with thin set https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I’m looking to see if I can find info on how to lay these - eg do I Still need to envelope cut the mosaics on the fall lines or do I tile so that the general gradient is maintained to the drain? I was hoping I didn’t have to envelope cut the mosaics - only the edges of needed. I’ll keep looking but if anyone has any advice that would be great. Thank you

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I’m looking to see if I can find info on how to lay these - eg do I Still need to envelope cut the mosaics on the fall lines or do I tile so that the general gradient is maintained to the drain? I was hoping I didn’t have to envelope cut the mosaics - only the edges of needed. I’ll keep looking but if anyone has any advice that would be great. Thank you
They should just lay ok within the falls, no need to envelope mosaics.

Reply to Porcelain tiles ok for wetroom? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock