Discuss Porcelain tiles - how to finish edges in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

BJD

Hi All,
I am sure this is a topic discussed before and I have managed to dig out some historic information from the forum....
The question is around how to finish porcelain tile edges around a recessed area for a radiator and additionally niche sections. I want to avoid seeing the raw edge of the tile - from what I can see I have options of a mitred edge (45 degress) or the use of a trim which I am not really keen on at all.
Would love to hear from from experts on this forum to understand how best to deal with.
Many thanks!

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am sure this is a topic discussed before and I have managed to dig out some historic information from the forum....
The question is around how to finish porcelain tile edges around a recessed area for a radiator and additionally niche sections. I want to avoid seeing the raw edge of the tile - from what I can see I have options of a mitred edge (45 degress) or the use of a trim which I am not really keen on at all.
Would love to hear from from experts on this forum to understand how best to deal with.
Many thanks!
If it is fullbody porcelain then you can have them bullnosed

B

BJD

Thanks all for the responses so far. I have a tiler doing this work for me and he doesn't believe he can mitre them even though I have been told by the providers of the tile that these can be. This is a porcelain tile, what makes a porcelain tile suitable or not suitable for this type of cut?

F

Flintstone

The tile needs to be the same or very Similar colour all the way through. Any photos ?

B

BJD

See photo attached....
I do know the tiles purchased are all from the same batch, so no variation from that perspective.

IMG_0964.JPG

F

Flintstone

Some tiles aren't suitable for mitres. I would imagine the tiler isn't confident or experienced in doing it

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Should be no problem for mitre. Little advice - tiler should cut mitre 1-2mm from the edge, and finish it using polisher (flex) . Cut it too close to the edge and it will chip away.

Reply to Porcelain tiles - how to finish edges in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks