Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Porcelain floor tiles don't seem fit for purpose in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
T

Tile Shop

I'm with impish on this one. Agree, british ceramics, whether it be from bct or johnsons aren't much cop. But full bodied or double charged porcelain (which those tiles look to be) , are far superior quality regardless of who makes or supplies it. They look to have take a fair whack from something being dropped, but for it to cave in or chip like that would have to mean there is little to no support beneath the tile. Maybe spot fixed, maybe not, but almost certainly not a full coverage of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

OP
D

Davidf

Yes I have just done kitchen extension new kitchen porcelain from tiles porcelain These poreclain tiles are supposed to be highly durable and resistant to most heavy impact stresses, making it suitable for high-traffic that's why I choose these for my kitchen and hallway, much more so than the standard ceramic tile. This porcelain tiles are supposed to extremely dense material all tiles have there pros and cons the reason I chose the porcelain tile is that is superior tile which is stronger and with a harder and more water-resistant surface. thane the ceramic tiles. but got chipped by a porcelain cup. There is no way that these type of tiles can endure bog standard kitchen life. They are not fit for purpose and should not be advertised for kitchen use ( stick to wood)

Reply to Porcelain floor tiles don't seem fit for purpose in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock