Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Porcelain dust - Does it contain silica or any other nasties? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Building site toilets after the brickies have been in there...!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ive inhaled and snorted more stuff since my teens that Ive given up worrying.
If it's going to kill me, it's doing it already .
I don't want to die, I'm quite fond of living , but if we worry to much about h&s we will be walking about like Neil Armstrong on the moon (allegedly)

OP
O

One Day

Death doesn't worry me one bit. It's the thought of having my tongue / voice box removed, or half my face cut away which bothers me!

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Silica dust is the new nasty, it's in most construction materials, big sites are getting very hot about it. Problem is, we've all breathed in far too much gor it make a difference now, and give it a couple of years and they find something else that's just as bad

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just always make sure you're wearing a mask when any kind of dust is going to be knocking about. It's not a hard fix. Some good masks about these days too.

breaking-bad-mask-wallpaper.jpg

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Being the health and safety orientated gent that I am;) I try and stick a simple rule with dust, if I'm going to be picking lumps of it out of my nose on the drive home, I try and stick a mask on first :D

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You lot are disgusting !!
wipe on the edge of the seat or roll in ball and flick it.....see where it lands..lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You lot are disgusting !!
wipe on the edge of the seat or roll in ball and flick it.....see where it lands..lol
Reminds me of that top gear episode where they got three old cars and did forensics on them to see what was in them. Ewwwwwww!

OP
L

Leon the lion

Apparently its well bad for you.
Bit late for most of us if it is
Was wanting to know I guess through the years ive breathed in all of crap including some silica. last night I was trying to finish a job that a tile guy started for me. I was cut porcelain tile with my grinder for a couple of hours without a respirator. You think I’ll be ok? I mean I know it not a doctor but any advice would help me mentally.

Reply to Porcelain dust - Does it contain silica or any other nasties? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock